Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First round of pink slips....

I don't know if any of you saw the news last night. North Memorial is laying off 380 positions. I luckily have survived.... no one in the lab has been cut. We have been working short staffed for so long, that we really couldn't afford to lose anyone. I feel so bad for all of the people that are being cut. It especially seems like a bad time of the year.

I'm just hoping that there isn't a second round of cuts, who knows if the lab will be as lucky next time.........

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh man, what a scary time for so many people! I'm very glad that you survived the cut! Why does it seem that there are always lay-offs at Christmas? Must be a fiscal year thing, but it still stinks.

Brenda said...

Good news that you didn't get one. When reading the headline, my first thought was your hubby passing out ineligibility slips to his students!

B Haack said...

I didn't hear the news. How do they decide who gets em? Are you close? Should you be worried?

Grandma G said...

So how can they cut 380 positions and not compromise patient care? What kind of jobs did the pink-slip recipients have?

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner