We had Ardella over to our house last week as a thanks for watching our house while we were on vacation. We decided to fondue! Brian was in charge of the oil fondue and I was in charge of the cheese fondue and dessert. We dipped steak and shrimp in the oil. Brian also decided to try cheese curds in the oil, but they really didn't work too well.

In the cheese fondue we dipped potatoes, bread and cauliflower.... Well we really didn't dip them in the cheese as the fondue pot was a candle pot and didn't really keep it that warm. As you can see from the picture, it was a little gloppy. You might also be wondering why it is pink. Our recipe calls for a dry cherry liquor. We only had grenadine, so we get pink cheese! I think it is prettier than plain light yellow cheese anyway.

For dessert, we had chocolate covered strawberries. We didn't have another fondue pot, so I had dipped them earlier and placed them on a plate.

Here's to good food, good company, and good fun! Thanks Ardella for taking good care of our house!
1 comment:
YUM! Too bad about the cheese, but I bet it tasted fine anyway. Good thing that it was the cheese and not the oil that didn't get hot. Cold, wet, oil-dipped steak & shrimp would not be appetizing!
Post a Comment