Saturday, April 25, 2009

Have you thanked your laboratory professionals this week?

I know teachers get a day in September to be appreciated, but did you know that lab employees get a whole week. Yes, that's right, I have spent the last week being wined and dined... well maybe not wined. We had lunch every day that was sponsored by one of the companies that service our instruments. We also had prize drawings in which items were donated by a variety of vendors; I won a frisbee and a little tin bucket with a cross stitching pattern in it.

We also raise money for our Sunshine Club during lab week. The Sunshine Club send flowers to employees when there is an event in their lives, i.e. birth, surgery. To raise money, each department puts together a basket full of goodies in which employees buy tickets in an attempt to win the basket. I was lucky enough to have my name drawn for the "baking basket". It was full of goodies..... if it only came with a skill set.....

2 comments:

B Haack said...

The teachers here get a week and it it next week. The supt and prinipal grill for us on Friday for lunch. The p's secretary orders the rest of the food for a great lunch!

The next week is student appreciation week, and the next is senior appreciation week! I don't recall being appreciated as a student!

Brenda said...

wow, that looks like a great basket. If you can't use the package of Reeces, you can send them this direction!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner