Courtney is loving this week as she is home with Daddy and Mommy a few of the days. She has been playing legos nonstop since Christmas. Throughout the day she is often breaking into song including many Christmas songs, Jesus loves Me, Old McDonald, and C is for Courtney. It feels like we live in a musical :) She loves her little sister and now plays on her own a lot more than even 6 months ago. Much more pretend play as well. She "saves the day" a lot just like Super Why does. She still watches Dora a lot but only on video as Xfinity has changed their on demand and won't let us watch Dora anymore.
Lindsey is crawling backwards, and army crawling forward. She can go from her hands and knees to sitting, and likes to take apart her sister's Legos. The last is causing much drama in our house! She loves bananas, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and rice. Not so much a fan of pears. She gets squash next. We are still trying to get used to her putting everything in her mouth as Courtney didn't. Lindsey won't get to color until she is 3 at this rate :)
Brian is back to coaching JO volleyball on Wednesday evenings. He has his first playdate on January 6th. Otherwise he is busy playing volleyball and teaching. He also loves taking Courtney to gymnastics on Monday evenings.
I am still working, thankfully. North Memorial had a bunch of layoffs the week before Christmas and there are more to follow in January. We have been quite busy the last quarter. We will see what the new year brings as it tends to slow down. I have been working a few evening shifts because they have been short while the day shift has been overstaffed. I would have to say, I am not a big fan of it, but we do what we have to do. I am also working New Years Eve, and I hope that it is completely uneventful! I am back to playing volleyball, it has taken me while to get back into where it feels normal, but the last 2 times I have played have been better. Hopefully that streak continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment