Thursday, October 2, 2008

A fun weekend and sushi

This past weekend, my sister came to visit me, we had our monthly girls night, and I made sushi. It started on Saturday morning. I cleaned a bit as that had been lacking with the overtime that I have been putting in. Saturday late afternoon, my sister got to my house and we went to Stillwater to go on a boat ride. There were 7 of us girls in all and there was a wonderful buffet on the boat and we cruised on the river for a couple of hours. We then went to a local bar and had some wine.

The next day I made a new recipe, a vegetable frittata, went to church, primed the bathroom, and Stacy and I made sushi. This was my first time, but Stacy had made it before.



We cooked the rice and cut up the avacado, cucumber, crab meat, and smoked salmon. The local grocery store didn't have sushi grade fish and since it isn't recommended to just cut up a random hunk of fish, we stuck with smoked fish. At the state fair I had purchased this crazy guy's forms for sushi. They worked quite well. We made some heart and square shapes this time. He also gave me a crazy headband. I really don't know what it says.... It could say "I'm an idiot" for all I know. We then had a good time eating the sushi. Brian enjoyed it too. He didn't really like the large heart variety as well as the little square shaped ones. I would say I agree as I like my sushi bite sized.










No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner